The views from this property are so incredible that the feeling of inspiration and peacefulness is automatically instilled in any one enjoying them... The panoramic views feature spectacular sunrises on top of the mountains near Irazu and Barva Volcanos, and the sunset lights over the mountain range. You can also admire the city lights East to West, from Tres Ríos in Cartago towards the capital city of San Jose, Desamparados, Escazu, Santa Ana and the International airport located in Alajuela. Three majestic volcanoes enhance your views; Irazu to the East, Barva and its National Park to the Northeast, and Poas to the Northwest.
The majestic views are a gift from nature, and you can enjoy them every day in a home that was built to satisfy the needs of the most distinguished clientele. Prime location and perfect year-round weather are an added value of this property at 1,400 meters above sea level. The property is only 15 minutes from the International Airport Juan Santamaria.
A gated entrance leads you to a paving stone private road inside the property, bordered with royal palms and a small vineyard. At the entrance of the property, you will find a duplex apartment with 2 bedrooms and one bath each, which can be used as guest apartments or as worker's quarters.
The property has manicured gardens, organic orchards, a vineyard, wild blackberry plantation, fruit trees and a perfectly maintained coffee plantation, so that you can enjoy your own high-altitude gourmet coffee, of the highest quality on the market.
A private road takes you to the center of the property where you will find the main home, barn and horse stables, an ample entertainment rancho with a terrace, and two nice guest homes.
The main guest house has three bedrooms, two full baths, office, terrace and garage for two cars.
The ranch is designed and equipped to the highest standards for entertaining your friends, family, and business associates. It has a commercial stove, a gas grill with griddle and rotisserie that can accommodate your favorite barbecue for many guests, separate double deep fryers, two ovens with firebrick (excellent for baking or pizza) a microwave, and a side by side refrigerator and freezer. It also has a small terrace with beautiful wooden columns, where you can enjoy the mountains, volcanoes and views of the city. An underground gas tank provides gas to the rancho, as well as the main home for cooking purposes.
There is a 5,300 sq. foot concrete and steel building which has a metal/wood workshop with ample work areas, and secure storage spaces. In this same area there is a space with a wooden floor and wall that separates it from the large storage space, ideal for a games area or bar that could share activities with the main ranch. In the same area there is a building with 6 horse stables with sliding doors, and a sizeable tack room. In addition, there is a round pen next to the stables.
A separate area was designed for the workers to have their gatherings and celebrations, which includes a large pit type barbecue grill, ample areas for eating, card playing, or other activities, and a bathroom. In this area there is also have an ample caretaker´ s home.
The main home was designed by a recognized local architectural firm, combining the highest standards of quality in finishes and construction. It is an ample open house with cross ventilation. Every detail was carefully chosen by the owners.
All doors are made of exotic solid woods. The ample foyer entrance with coffered ceilings finished with antique bricks, takes you to the formal living area with atmospheric lighting. Drift outside to the wrap around terrace which connects the huge office and the large formal dining room. You can admire the views from any of the rooms, and all balconies and terraces feature Italian Renaissance columns designed, and built, by Doninelli, and custom made for the home.
The octagonal kitchen is a work of art brought to life by local artisans who hand carved the crown moldings and part of the cabinetry in solid woods. The kitchen comes fully equipped with top-of-the-line appliances and granite countertops. Admire the majestic views of cities and mountains while entertaining family and friends. All windows facing east have high quality, protective solar film in order to open up the views without damaging interior furnishings, or allowing heat to enter the home.
Enter the master bedroom via a wide hallway, through double, solid wood doors. This spacious bedroom boasts a high vaulted ceiling, large walk-in closet, an elegant bathroom, and a private terrace to enjoy reading and relaxing.
The huge office accented by large arched windows is an exceptional room for working from home. It is an inspiring room, where creativity flows, while enjoying the fantastic views.
On the opposite end of the home there are two guest/family bedrooms served by a large bath, complete with shower and bathtub. Each of the bedrooms has high vaulted ceilings and recessed lighting, as well as spacious private balconies to enjoy the panoramic views.
Descending the steps, you are lured to the 30,000 gallon infinity edge pool with a central 3 tier fountain, and a salt cleaning system. Enjoy a relaxing afternoon at the covered entertainment area with wet bar, two beautiful bathrooms with granite countertops, glass enclosed showers, and Italian tiles covering the floors, and walls. This spectacular pool is surrounded by a large terrace, green areas and gardens, to let you admire the panoramic views while soaking up the sun in style!
The remaining of the property below the main house is made of a manicured coffee plantation, where you can crop your own gourmet high land coffee from the backyard.
This is, by far, one of the most elegant homes in the area. The details are unbelievable, and the peaceful views are astonishing. This is a property that captures the peacefulness, and feeling of complete well-being.
• Has over 1,500 feet of internal road in stamped concrete, with curbs and gutters, other gravel roads provide access to total farm, and all are constructed for proper drainage
• Has 444 feet (198 meters) of concrete walls enclosing the front of the property with a beautiful automatic 16 foot (4.8 meters) steel gate.
• There is 526 feet (160 meters) of wood fencing, 578 feet (175 meters) of chain link fence, and the entire balance of farm is fenced, and cross fenced for cattle or horses. All gates for entering various areas are attractive steel heavy duty gates.
• There are automatic watering systems for livestock in each separate area.
• Underground electricity, water lines, gas lines, and computer/camera/security cables are run throughout the property.
• The property has a paved public road on 2 boundaries, which would provide excellent access for future development of more homes.
• Two professional built dog pens
• An excellent area for a Helipad close to the main home
• Large 3 tier stone fountain at front entrance
• Covered drive through at front entrance
• Italian tile throughout main home
• All rooms feature high ceilings
• Doors, hallways, and bathrooms are accessible by wheelchair, due to door width.
• All the green areas are maintained with species of trees that make birds come close to the house. There are many species of trees that in times of flowering give color to certain areas of the property, which can be enjoyed from any of the terraces and balconies of the main house
• There are two sections for farm animals in front of the stables, special for keeping sheep, pigs, ponies, etc.
• Next to one of the guest houses, in front of the stables, there is a space to park the cars in any activity that takes place on the ranch without hindering the passage
• There is access to the pool for the service, this for any activity that takes place in the social area without entering the main house.