The Village Of Tuxedo Park was created in 1886 by Pierre Lorillard as a private hunting and fishing reserve, and exclusive retreat for himself and his wealthy New York friends. Listed on the National Historic Register, the Park has many distinctive homes designed by internationally famous architects such as McKim, Mead and White, William Lescaze, Bruce Price, Morris Hunt, etc... scattered throughout the approximately 2300 acres of woodlands surrounding three lakes.
Tuxedo Park, an incorporated village, is situated in Town of Tuxedo, New York. It is approximately 28 miles north of New York City with access onto Route 17 and New York Thruway.
Tuxedo Park has one-hour commuter service available by bus and train to New York City. Shopping facilities are abundant both in the town itself (groceries, cleaners, etc...) as well as numerous malls up and down Route 17. There is a private school located in the Park and an excellent public school in the town. The community beach is open to all residents for a small maintenance fee. The Sterling Forest ski center is 5 minutes away. The entire Park has community water and sewer, and a public beach for all residents.
Entrance and exit for the approximately 300 families residing in the Park and their guests is strictly controlled by 2 private police gates.
The Tuxedo Club is a private club with swimming pool, tennis courts, squash, racquet and Court Tennis courts, boat house with rental boats, golf course, and main clubhouse containing dining room, bar, ballroom, small apartments for weekend or summer rental for club members only, and several other entertainment rooms.