Sheelah Clarkson is a 25-year veteran of the luxury real estate market and one of the premier luxury property specialists in the Carolinas. Visionary founder of Sheelah Clarkson Agency, an innovative boutiuqe agency specializing in private estates and luxury properties, her service area spans Asheville, Hendersonville, Waynesville and Tryon in western North Carolina as well as the counties of upstate South Carolina. Sheelah is privileged to offer signature real estate services for discerning buyers and sellers. She is known for outside-the-box thinking, stellar negotiating skills and uncompromising service. Her areas of expertise include:
- Private Estates
- Horse Farms & Equestrian Properties
- Luxury Homes
- 1031 Exchange & Investment Properties
- Conservation Real Estate
- Large Acreage Land Tracts
Sheelah also serves as one of the region's foremost land specialists. She is an Accredited Land Consultant (ALC) and a member of the prestigious Realtors Land Institute (RLI), the only national organization with a membership of licensed real estate professionals who broker, sell, develop, lease and manage land. Using her expertise, networking and high powered negotiating skills, she has assisted national and international investors in acquiring large and strategically located tracts of mountain land and conservation property throughout the Carolinas.
Sheelah has also earned the acclaimed designation of Graduate Realtor Institute (GRI), the most widely-recognized professional designation in the real estate industry. The GRI program requires 90 hours of curriculum work on such topics as real estate law, contract law, professional standards, risk reduction and finance. Graduate Realtor Institute designees have made the commitment to provide a high level of professional services to their clients.
As an Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR), Sheelah assists national and international buyers in the purchase of luxury property, land tracts, and investment properties. The ABR designation, recognized as the benchmark of excellence in buyer representation, is granted by the National Association of Realtors (NAR) only to Realtors who have completed extensive classroom training, passed rigorous examinations, and demonstrated proficiency in representing buyers. Fewer than 2 percent of all licensed real estate agents are Accredited Buyer Representatives.
- Real Estate Broker and Broker/Owner with more than 25 years of experience serving national and international buyers in the niche markets of luxury properties, investment real estate, horse farms and large acreage land tracts.
- Vice President Corporate Real Estate, Clarkson Brothers Inc. an industrial machinery relocation firm. Responsible for industrial and commercial warehousing and distribution. Built, leased, managed, and owned 2 million square feet in three states.
- Faculty, University of Georgia, Athens, GA.
- Commissioner, Spartanburg County Planning and Development Commission, 10 years
- Advisory Board Member, Spartanburg Area Chamber of Commerce
- Board Member, Landrum Chamber of Commerce
- Board Member, Polk County Chamber of Commerce
- Sponsorship Chair and Steering Committee Member, Blue Ridge BBQ Festival, the state championship BBQ festival of North Carolina
- B.A., Converse College, Spartanburg, SC
- M.F.A., University of North Carolina Greensboro, Greensboro, NC
- National Association of Realtors (NAR)
- North Carolina Association of Realtors (NCAR)
- Hendersonville Board of Realtors
- North Carolina Mountains MLS
- Carolina Mountain Land Conservancy
- Licensed in both North Carolina and South Carolina
- Real Estate Buyer's Agent Council (REBAC)
- Realtors Land Institute (RLI)